Tuesday 4 May 2010

sunset at sea

Just back from my art group with another pastel in the series of sunsets. I do enjoy creating these and each one offers a slightly different challenge, however I am beginning to feel like I need a different challenge.



sunset at sea


I came across this image on a greeting card by artist Anne Cherry, see more of her art work here , the original was in watercolour and I was trying to understand how to achieve a similar look in pastel. Of course I have interpreted rather than copied Anne's painting, I hope it is an acceptable work.

The group's next demonstration in two weeks is a watercolour. It has been some time since I painted in this media and look forward to it immensely. I hope to be inspired to try something in this media after the demo. The last watercolour demo resulted in a very different style of watercolour from my usual offerings. It will be interesting to see how this demo affects my work.

2 comments:

  1. Hi John,

    Nice new blog you have here. I don't know how you'll do it, I can barely keep up with one.

    I really love your landscapes, they are so serene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete